Certified Marine Technician- MarineMax Orlando
MarineMax recognizes that even the best can get better. In order to further enhance our Team Members' skills, we provide an array of
internal and external training opportunities. Through these offerings we are able to train our Team Members to truly become the "best of
the best". While we are a publicly traded, billion-dollar company, we work hard to retain the high level of service and personal interaction
found at a smaller company. To continue our growth, MarineMax needs enthusiastic, talented, and highly-motivated Team Members. If
you are looking for a career with an exciting, innovative, world-class company, MarineMax can help deliver your career dream.
• Dental and Vision
• Paid Time Off
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Team Member Discounts
• Continued Professional Development
For more than 15 years, MarineMax has been committed to premium boat brands, customer service and team members. Fulfilling our
mission to provide "world’s best pleasure boating experience" requires the efforts and talents of many exceptional people. And that's why
we strive to make our workplace one in which individuals feel challenged, fulfilled and able to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: Marine/Service Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
***Qualified applicants for this role will have 3-5+ years previous technician experience with references. Certifications are a plus***
OVERVIEW: The Marine/Service Technician is responsible for the repair and overhaul of boats, machinery and trailers.
Reports To: Service Manager or Team Leader
Key Internal Relationships: Service Manager, Service Team, Parts Manager, Parts Team
Direct Reports: N/A
KEY TASKS: • Examine boat and discuss the nature and extent of damage or malfunction with the service advisor or customer.
• Perform diagnostics and repair of all types of marine engines and transmissions/drives/generators.
• Perform mechanical repair work such as:
- remove engine, transom or outdrive
- disassemble unit and inspect parts for wear
- overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, pumps, electrical and fuel systems
- rebuild parts such as engine cylinder blocks
- rewire ignition system, lights and instrument panel
- replace and adjust taillights
- install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers
• Operate a hydraulic jack or hoist as needed.
• Advise customers and/or insurance adjusters as to necessary repairs.
• Complete repair work utilizing service scheduler and SSO’s within the established timeframe
• Ensure all warranty work is completed according to manufacture’s and MarineMax guidelines
• Safely operate MarineMax and customer vessels during diagnostic water testing operations
• Maintain MarineMax tools in good condition and according to guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should apply online at marinemax.com, apply in person M-F 9-4pm at MarineMax Orlando, or